Sunday, July 1, 2007

Why Eyes Wide Open ??

Ah... I write again...
So, I told some of my friends that I’ve started blogging and their reaction was "What!! You of all the people... BLOGGING", I smiled, nodded my head and sipping on a drink said "Yes".
They asked me the URL of my Blog, I told em "Guy-eyes-wide-open.blogspot.com"...
Blogspot.com needed no explanation and was understood instantly [knowing their geeky nature :)], but Guy-eyes-wide-open had its questions, so I explained
Guy - That is me, the Guy next door!! A simple human, living a simple life in this big City.
Eyes Wide Open - While living our everyday life in this city and traversing from point A to wherever and back, we see so much, hear so much and even though, we may not like what we see or hear, we still cannot change it, cos there's not much in our control. The next day the same old process is repeated again, but this time we live with Eyes Wide Open, to see more, to hear more and understand more, striving to change what we don't like to see.
They finally understood and we raised a toast to it. Hopefully, they would read my blog and start blogging sometime soon. I'm sure I would write stuff that is irrelevant (at times) to most people, but would make sense to those, who've been thru it.
Personally, I have been a bombayite, mumbaikar (these are the only two names, I like best for people, like me, who belong to the this city) and have seen soo much change in this city over the past few years. Some changes are really good and some so bad that it hurts!!!
How do we change this?? I don't have a concrete plan, but over time, I’m sure, it will develop... The media (print, TV, Internet) has soo much everyday, but how many of us actually post comments, thoughts that we as citizens, have!!
[My favourite sources for my kinda news are
Newspaper - Hindustan Times and Mid-Day.
TV Channel - Aaj Tak, Star News, Zee News.
Portals -
www.rediff.com, www.mid-day.com, www.timesofindia.com and ofcourse www.hindustantimes.com :)]
Internet was the best thing to happen to this world and Blogging - Freedom of expression is just the beginning!!

No comments: