Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Lazy Police



So, I see my self blogging week on week now...

This time around I have a story to tell!!

Being the Mumbaite I am, I was traveling back and caught one of the last trains, a Virar of course, which as usual had the last train kinda crowd, people with tired eyes, some alcohol friendly and some just late... all having a story to tell... some talking to their friends and some alone, thinking to themselves - "When will I reach back " (the local trains always have subjects, which would be a good study for psychologists)...
Anyway, I got a place to sit and was hearing a group of guys abusing the government (its the usual thing in these rickety trains, where one does not know what his plight would be)... but later one of them walked to the door and lit a cigarette, peering around, then called some friends to share the smoke and the conversation continued... I overheard them speak, it was about a cop (police man ofcourse), sprawled out on one of the seats opposite to the 8 seater...
It was a surprising sight, he seemed to be clueless about what was going on (no one is allowed to smoke in public transport) and probably was in the eleventh heaven, with a faint odour of Whisky and garlic surrounding him and occasionally scratching his crotch!! Opposite to him was another 'cop looking guy' sitting and was supposedly accompanying him, but chose to turn a deaf ear to the happenings around him...
Phew!!! This is our government, who we trust and vote for... No wonder they get bought off so easily for a few thousand or lakh rupees....

So your wondering what did I do there ?? The train was approaching my destination and I got off, but yes I got something with me, a pic of the moment (taken from my low end mobile phone) and a thought "Do we really need to work hard, slog our butt off, pay heavy taxes and take care of this sloppy government" can I truly and honestly say "Mera Bharat mahaan!!"


No comments: